Thinking of Moving to Florida? Consider Cape Coral!
Wed, Dec 2nd, 2020
Are you looking to live in beautiful weather near pristine beaches for an affordable cost? This almost sounds too good to be true, right? We're here to tell you a place like this actually exists right here in Southwest Florida! We're talking about Cape Coral!
Cape Coral actually has one of the fastest-growing economies in the United States and has become a very desirable place to live. Within the last six years, Cape Coral has received the following accolades:
- The number one city in the U.S. for future job growth (Forbes, 2017)
- One of the top 10 places to retire in the U.S. (Bankrate, 2015)
- Ranked with the second cleanest air in the U.S. (Honeywell, 2014)
- Top 10 city to start a new business (Business Insider, 2014)
Experts are predicting a bright future for the economic growth of Cape Coral. Over the next 10 years, the number of jobs is expected to increase by 41%, which is 8% higher than the national average. The crime rate in Cape Coral is also half of the national average.
Still not convinced Cape Coral is the place for you? These statistics might change your mind:
- The median home value is $235,000 (compared to $380,000 in Naples).
- There are more than 840 acres of public parks and recreation facilities.
- Numerous places to hike on trails and to kayak.
- It is home to the best waterpark in Southwest Florida.
- Events and festivals are held in Cape Coral throughout the year.
- The population is 190,000 people (Not too small, but not overcrowded).
- It's only 11.5 miles to beautiful Fort Myers Beach.
Cape Coral is a beautiful, safe and growing city with unlimited possibilities. Small businesses are an essential part of any growing city, and the small businesses in Cape Coral are no exception. Many small businesses have taken a hit since the beginning of COVID-19. Superstores such as Walmart and Amazon aren't the ones struggling during this time. Do your part in helping the local economy and buy a couple of gifts from a local mom and pop shop this holiday season. It will mean more to them than you can imagine!
If you're looking for a small business to support, check out our business listings page and select a small business near you!